Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lions, "A lesson in Patience" -Underdog!

Well, with a 26 game losing streak, it's probably a done deal for the boys of "Detroit" that they will lose yet again in a record setting losing streak.  What makes the die-hard Michigan Fan stay with the Lions?  Is it their young, maturing defense, like Suh?  Is it their potentially lethal offense, like the wide receiver package?  Or is it just tradition?

I would contend that it's none of the above.  It's not name brand loyalty.  It's not tradition, although I have been watching Lion's games for about 34 years, since I was running around the house as a 3 yr old.  I would say that I like to watch them play as a lesson in patience and long suffering.  I'm not going to say that the "Ford Field" is my church, although the secular similarities are rather congruent.  I propose that everyone likes to watch an underdog struggle. (Underdog)  Everyone likes to watch the "Christians win over the Lions".  It's just too bad that our Lion's play more like the "Romans' Christians" in the Coliseum of old. 

Any way that people choose to look at it, I contend that the Lions are good entertainment.  Is that what Mr. Ford thinks then? I guess that Barry Sanders wasn't enough then, huh?

Send me you comments......

Special Thanks to my favorite Cartoon you-tube
80's and 70's memories
Classic Media Ltd.

No comments:

Post a Comment